Accountability & Resources Management Systems (ARMS) Department
The Accountability & Resources Management Systems department is about data collection, and the protection of privileged/private information. The staff operates in sound stewardship and the highest level of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
We, at CSETS take pride in the course of our duties and procedures on the collection and protection of client personal information, and security of systems. All CSETS staff and all frontline workers at our member Nations abide by the Service Level Agreement.
Good Tips to abide by:
·Only collect the information needed, not more.
- Do not email a Social Insurance Number or a Participant Information Form.
- Do not fax a Social Insurance Number or a Participant Information Form.
- When transporting PIFs from a controlled area to another use double envelopes - gum-sealed with no markings on the outer envelope.
- Password protect your computer screen.
- Use lock cabinets to store/secure any documents containing clients’ personal information.
- Secure any documents containing clients’ personal information before leaving your desk.
- Destroy documents containing clients’ personal information after six (6) years.
- Keep accessible areas clear of personal information.
- Nightly closing: remove all personal information from desks and store in locked filing cabinets before leaving for the day. Log off computer, lock the doors and secure the premises.
Participant Information Form (PIF)
The PIF is a living document – ever changing. There are changes every year to keep up with the demands of our agreement funder, Service Canada. More information is required and has been made mandatory. If there are any questions, feel free to contact us by phone, toll-free, or by email.
CSETS Staff provide and share information from Service Canada every year at the beginning of each fiscal year. Change is progress and allows for forward-moving. We conform, and we comply because we care about the communities and clients we serve.
Section 25 Referrals
CSETS has been delegated the authority to refer a client for training under Section 25 of the EI Act while on EI. This authority also includes approving counsel to quit employment in order to attend training.
Accountability & Resources Management Systems Staff:
Alfreda Daniels, Interim Data Entry Officer
Telephone: 250.746.0183 Ext 115
Toll Free: 1.888.811.3919